These baked apples have a hint of holiday flavors and are also good for you! Try using Granny Smith apples for a tart taste to contrast with the honey.
|Prep Time||10 minutes|
|Cook Time||20 minutes|
- 3-5 large apples cored and sliced
- 2 tbsp coconut oil
- 1 tsp honey (local and raw if possible)
- to taste cinnamon
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
- Place the sliced apples in a baking dish so that they don’t overlap.
- Heat up the coconut oil until it is liquid and then mix in honey.
- Brush on coconut oil and honey mixture. Sprinkle on cinnamon.
- Bake about 20 minutes until tender.
- Let cool.
Kid Chef Tips: Younger children can brush or sprinkle on ingredients. Older children can help cut up apples.
Leave a Reply
You must be logged in to post a comment.