Spaghetti squash has vitamin B and fiber and when paired with nutrient dense spinach, which contains vitamin K, vitamin A, and folate, you’ve got a winning combination. This recipe is a fun veggie twist on a kid-favorite recipe.
|Prep Time||20 minutes|
|Cook Time||45-50 minutes|
- 1 squash yellow spaghetti squash
- 6 large mushroom
- 1 medium onion
- 1 cup spinach
- 1 medium broccoli head/crown
- 1.5 cup marinara sauce
- a drizzle olive oil for cooking
- salt & peppper to taste
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
- Cut the Spaghetti squash in half and scoop out the seeds.
- Place on a cookie sheet and drizzle on olive oil.
- Bake for about 45 – 50 minutes or until tender. Once finished, set aside to cool.
- In the meantime, grease a pan lightly with olive oil.
- Add the broccoli first, then the onions, then the mushrooms and cook until tender.
- Scrape out the spaghetti squash and add that to the pan too, along with the marinara sauce.
- Once that starts getting hot, add the spinach until it wilts and fold it into the mixture.
- Add salt and pepper to taste.
Kid Chef Tips: Younger children can help scoop out seeds, put chopped veggies and sauce into the pan, and sprinkle on salt and pepper. Older children can help chop veggies, scoop out the cooked Spaghetti Squash once it’s cool, and stir the contents of the pan.
Leave a Reply
You must be logged in to post a comment.