Beans are not just protein powerhouses, they’re fun to eat! Combined with whole-grain bread, this satisfying meal keeps kids full longer.
|Prep Time||10 minutes|
- 2 14-oz cans beans cannellini or white kidney
- 1 14-oz can tomatoes diced
- 2 tbsp balsamic vinegar
- 3 cloves garlic chopped
- 1 medium onion chopped
- 1 tbsp olive oil (or enough to grease the pan)
- 1 tsp liquid smoke
- dash salt & pepper to taste
- 4 pieces toast whole or sprouted-wheat bread
- Put the olive oil in the pan and add the chopped onions.
- Cook until they begin to get translucent.
- Add the garlic and cook until soft.
- Add in the beans, balsamic vinegar, tomatoes, liquid smoke, and salt and pepper and cook until it begins to thicken and the ingredients are well mixed.
- Put the mixture into a bowl. Use a fork to slightly mash everything up with a fork.
- Toast the bread, spread on the mixture, and serve.
Kid Chef Tips: Younger children can mix and pour in ingredients, toast bread, and mash the beans.
Leave a Reply
You must be logged in to post a comment.