What could be more fun than hot dogs? Carrots are packed with beta-carotene and provide a little sweetness to contrast with the salt of the soy sauce. Try this recipe at your next cookout; it’s sure to be a family favorite.
|Prep Time||10 minutes|
|Cook Time||5 minutes|
- 8 whole carrot peeled and cut to hot dog length
- 8 buns whole wheat
- 1 cup soy sauce
- 2 tbsp liquid smoke
- 2 tbsp agave
- 2 tbsp tomato paste
- 2-3 cup water
- chili suggested hot dog topping
- coleslaw suggested hot dog topping
- pickled vegetables suggested hot dog topping
- mustard suggested hot dog topping
- hot peppers suggested hot dog topping
- Mix the liquid ingredients into a saucepan and bring to boil.
- Add the carrots and cook until they are firm, but starting to be tender.
- Drain the carrots and let sit until cool enough to eat.
- Put them on a hot dog bun and serve with your favorite toppings.
Kid Chef Tips: Younger children can add ingredients, and top hot dogs with their favorite toppings. Older children can peel and cut up carrots.
Leave a Reply
You must be logged in to post a comment.