Here is the description for the Tomato Cucumber Stacked “Sandwiches”
- Use a knife to cut out the stem of the tomato and slice your tomato horizontally into equal parts so you have round, even pieces of medium thickness. (If the tomato pieces turn out too much larger than the cucumber pieces, then you can always pare them down.)
- Take the Cucumber and do the same slicing until you have round, even pieces of medium thickness.
- Chop up the basil leaves and olives together.
- Take a slice of cucumber and lay it on a plate. Spread on some hummus evenly.
- Sprinkle on the olives and basil leaves. Place a tomato slice on top of that.
- Spread more hummus on the tomato slice. Sprinkle on lemon juice, salt, and pepper to taste.
- Lay a piece of cucumber on top.
- Recipe should make about 4 sandwiches.
Kid Chef Tips: Younger children can help spread on hummus with a spoon, sprinkle on ingredients, and stack the tomatoes and cucumbers. Older children can help cut the veggies.
This recipe can get a little messy, so feel free to eat with a fork…or just bring extra napkins to the table! Children can help make this recipe with adult supervision.
Leave a Reply
You must be logged in to post a comment.