Everyone loves tacos! Lettuce and lentils.
- If your lentils aren’t precooked, put one cup of dry lentils into three cups of water.
- Add salt and a bay leaf and boil until tender (about 20 minutes).
- While the lentils are cooking put the walnuts on a baking sheet and put them in the oven at 350 degrees for about 5 minutes or until roasted.
- Remove the bay leaf from the cooked lentils and add them and walnuts into a food processor. Add in oregano, ground cumin, and chili powder. Pulse until the mixture is mixed, but still textured like taco filling.
- If the mixture gets stuck from thickness, add the water one tablespoon at a time until you get the desired consistency.
- Rip off lettuce leaves so that they are a couple of leaves this, and small enough to fit in your hand, but sturdy enough to hold the lentils.
- Spoon the mixture into the lettuce cups.
- Dice up or cut the avocado into slices.
- Top the lettuce tacos with avocado and salsa.
Kid Chef Tips: Younger children can add spices, spoon the mixture into the lettuce cups, and top with avocado and salsa. Older children can help cut up the avocado and tear the lettuce into cups.
Leave a Reply
You must be logged in to post a comment.